Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tis The Season for Hurricanes.. & Lacey's Miracle

I've decided that my least favorite names this year are Fay, Gustav, Hanna, Ike, and Josephine. We still are having trouble with flood waters left over from Fay just a few miles north of us in Sanford. Now it looks like Hanna will be upon us before the weekend. The islands have really been taking a beating.

I just returned from Lacey's miracle trip to TX. Her husband Bryan had a hiking trip planned for the second week of August and she called me one day to say that we needed a miracle to happen so that I could go to TX and spend the week with her and the kids. Just thinking about going to TX to see them all made me start wishing for a miracle too. Almost one year ago to the day, I left TX to move back to FL where Allan was already living and working. It was only one week after little Kailey Mae was born. Now Kailey was having her first birthday and I was going to miss it!

Well, we got our miracle. Bryan told Lacey that they had enough sky miles to get me out there and back. Now we just had to figure out what to do about my job. It was too late to ask for time off. Since I work from home, I was able to just work my regular hours from their home using their phone and PC. Everything worked out just great! I arrived home the day before we started to feel the effects of Fay. Luckily we didn't lose power and the roads were not too bad in our neighborhood. Just ankle deep water in some parts of the grass.

I'm am starting a grandchildren journal. I can't ever remember what grade they are in and sometimes have to think pretty hard to remember their ages. Aimee kind of helped me develop the idea by suggesting that I write it down. So now I will need a school picture of all of the kids to go in my journal. It's pretty fun. I've already interviewed Bryson, Sydney, Joshua and Stetson. Just have 8 more to go.... Maybe I'll post them all on here when I'm done!





1 comment:

  1. I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com real people sharing real stories about how love has really impacted and changed their lives. Share your story, struggles, or testimonies. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete